Cover Fx Skin Prep Primer Review

By Saturday, May 08, 2010 , ,

How I avoided reviewing this with my other primer reviews is beyond me ( BTW I reviewed OCC Primer,  Quo's Primer, Smashbox Photo Ready Primer, Benefit's Dr. Feelgood, Avon's MagiX Face Perfector and ELF's Mineral Infused Primer)
I picked up two of the .5 oz versions back in November of '09 from Sephora for an amazing $8. Yep $8! I grabbed one, went home used it the next day and ran back to Sephora to get another one. I wish I grabbed more!
Usually a 1 oz bottle retails for $45 at Sephora, so this was a great deal indeed.
Lucky Sephora's site recently ran the same promotion and I grabbed four this time around.


While not my everyday primer, I do love how it makes my skin feel, it isn't silicony like other primers but still leaves the skin nice and smooth allowing the makeup to go on easily. I like to mix my sunblock that I use on my face with it, it help the sunblock blend better with my skin and allows my makeup to go on smoother than just using the sunblock alone.


Cover Fx claims that it's Skin Prep is a nourishing foundation primer that has Anti-aging properties.


From Coverfx.com:
     "WHAT DOES IT DO?
    • It is an "anti-aging" primer
    • Hydrate and smoothes skin to blur the appearance of lines and pores, facilitate blending and extends wear
     SKIN TYPE
    • All skin types especially Normal to Dry
    • Sensitive skin
From Sephora.com:
    • Vitamin F is an omega-3 fatty acid used to treat dry, atopic skin.
    • Vitamin A is an established anti-wrinkle active.
    • Vitamin C (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate) increases natural collagen formation by cells, resulting in more plump, youthful looking skin.
    • Vitamin E is the antioxidant workhorse of cosmeceuticals.
    • Bisabolol is a natural anti-inflammatory agent derived from the chamomile plant to reduce redness and inflammation.
    • Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally found skin humectant. Hyaluronic acid captures 1000 times its weight in water to provide ultimate skin hydration.
    • Squalene, derived from Mediterranean olives, is a pure emollient which nourishes and hydrates the skin. Squalene improves skin elasticity and softens skin texture.
    • Matrikines, small peptides, that serve as messengers that regulate the sequence of events required for skin repair and wound healing.


So, have I found it to help with anti-aging? I don't know, I honestly love the stuff but still use other primers depending on the weather, my skins condition that day and the type of makeup I am wearing (i.e. when using Temptu s/b foundation, I use Temptu s/b primer). I do know it seems to treat my no longer 18 year old skin better than some other products do and always leaves it feeling nice.


coverfx.com

0 comments